COVID 19 - Travel Updates
Covid 19 Travel Updates
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 15TH, 2022, ALL FOREIGN TOURISTS ENTERING BELIZE MUST PURCHASE TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND IN OUR GENERAL FAQS.
Vacationing in Belize is a life enriching experience and we want to ensure that visitors enjoy it immensely. Our intent is to also safeguard the well-being of all our visitors and the premise ensures that travelers are confident that they are covered and protected from unforeseen events related to their travel. This affordable plan of US$18 for a 21 day coverage, provides you not only with financial protection and peace of mind while enjoying your Belize vacation, but more importantly, provides coverage for medical treatment if needed.
The following are some guidelines to help prepare you for your trip and what you can expect when you arrive in Belize.
- Effective March 1st, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport, land port or seaport. A negative test is no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers.
- If unable to show proof or if the traveller is unvaccinated, proof of a negative Covid test can be presented or a test can be administered by the Ministry responsible for health at border point
- Effective February 15th, 2022, all travellers entering Belize will be required to purchase travel health insurance – a mandatory insurance that helps protect travellers against incurred medical and non-medical expenses, if they test positive for COVID-19 while in Belize.
- The cost of the policy is $18 USD. It is recommended that travellers purchase the Belize Travel Health Insurance prior to their travel to Belize. However, purchases can be made upon arrival at the Philip Goldson International Airport. https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com/
- Persons entering Belize are no longer required to download the Belize Health App prior to arrival.
- Travelers should verify COVID 19 testing regulations with respective airlines prior to travel (departure & arrival) as they may vary.
- Travelers are required to complete the customs and immigration form that is provided during their flight.
Belize’s Top Resorts, Hotels & Jungle Lodges
Embrace the waves, chasing adventure on every rushing spiral and falling into the still contentment of the sea breeze—everything only the beachside could offer you. Experience Belize as both a paradisiacal refuge of culture and a harbor of adventure on every wind, with the Belize Collection’s seaside resorts.